INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #1 
This wasn't working the other day but now it is - you need a Real Video Player with the preferences set for streaming media protocol:
For windows XP and certain browsers the RSTP address ( Real Stream (.rm/avi ) opens a security box to ask you to OK the protocol.
Or, you can try copying the address and pasting it directly to the 'open url' menu box in Real Player.

Let me know if you have trouble getting it to play and I'll try to post it to Google Video.

rtsp://media.nacs.uci.edu:554/rgarfias/avi/zakir.rm

***NOTE - This is a video conversion from analog film - the audio portion of the tabla is distorted in the beginning of the clip but then normalizes after a minute or two.

Also with Aashish Khan (sarode), Zia Mohiuddin Dagar (bin) and Raja Chhatrapati Singh (pakawaj), Mohamed Omar (Afghan rabob) and other great video archives from the 1970's - 80's:

http://itc.uci.edu/~rgarfias/kiosk/media.html

A.

Reply with quote  #2 
please post it on google.

audio is okay, but video is not only slow, it's breaking up, all I see is slow frames.
daz199

Reply with quote  #3 
ive seen this before...any of you tabla guys know how he gets the really wierd "tu" sound?? ( i think thats the right bol)
ive never heard anyone do that on tabla before
Aanaddha

Reply with quote  #4 
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=294308891925967882

***NOTE - This is a digital video conversion from analog film archive - the audio portion of the tabla is distorted in the beginning of the clip but then normalizes about halfway through.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.