INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
tablataal

Reply with quote  #1 
So what are your favorite compositions? Anything goes here peshkar, kaida, rela, gats, etc.

Link to videos or just type it out here for us to enjoy as well.

Thanks!
evening84

Reply with quote  #2 
For Punjab gharana stuff, this is my all time favourite - its got a chalan, peshkar, gat - all in one sweet bundle with a divine lehera and recitation. Musicality at its very best :

I like this rela (its rather a class of relas) a lot - it would probably be hard to find a tabla player who does not. Variants of this one is played by every gharana; this video gives me the goosebumps every time I see it :

One other note that I wish to add is that my favorite kaida is, and will likely always remain, the beginner's dilli kaida :

dhatetetdha tetedhadha tetedhage tinnakena
tateteta tetedhadha tetedhage dhinagena

The way this transforms itself when going from single-speed to double-speed never ceases to tickle. After spending years and years on it ,on and off, and I am yet to get it where I want it to be - challenging but immensely pleasing nevertheless.

singhhh_ap

Reply with quote  #3 
My favorite is from Pt. Yogesh Samsi which he plays in the beginning:

tablataal

Reply with quote  #4 
Wow. MUkesh Ji. So amazing. Always wondered what that trkt phrase they play is. Anyone know? I need to listen to more Yogesh ji. Thanks for reminding me!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.