INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
kaidasaplenty72

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello!

I am a former professional bassist who recently fell in love with Indian classical music and the tabla. I have started taking one class per week with a professional Bengali player who lives in my city. I have a full time office job and a wife but no kid yet. I am 38 years old and I do not have the ambition to eventually make a living with the tabla, but I do like to attain a very good standard of playing on whatever instrument I decide to lay my hands on and would like to partially gig with it at some point in time. I am scheduling 3 hours a day, 5 days a week (In reality I have achieved, since I started about 4 months ago about 2 hours day and still getting my discipline together ) and was wondering if this sounds like a “semi-professional or professional“ tabla player in the making to those of you who are professionals?
RevolvingSound

Reply with quote  #2 
2 hours a day, 5 days a week with a teacher will yield very nice results, give it 2 years or so and you will have a very nice grasp.

-B
kaidasaplenty72

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the response. I wish I could spend more time on it but I can only live one life at a time!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.