INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 9 of 9     «   Prev   6   7   8   9
Kirya

Reply with quote  #121 
This is Indrajit Banerjee playing Raga Megh in Texas

Indrajit plays Raga Megh. Indrajit is the nephew of Pandit Kartick Kumar (senior disciple of Pandit Ravi Shankar) and cousin of Niladri Kumar. Indrajit plays in the style of Pandit Nikhil Bannerjee. This is from a concert on December 12, 2011 at the Maharishi Radiance Dome in Radiance, TX. Tabla accompaniment is provided by Shiv Naimpally, a disciple of Padmabhushan Pandit Nikhil Ghosh and Shri Gourishankar Karmakar. This concert is the first time Indrajit and Shiv performed together and due to busy schedules there was no rehearsal prior to the concert. Thanks to Pablo for the video recording

Kirya

Reply with quote  #122 
Rabi Chakrabarti is the senior most disciple of sitar maestro Pandit Debi Prasad Chatterjee(disciple of Ustad Ali Akbar Khan, Ma Annapurna Devi & Pandit Nikhil Banerjee).
He has played in various prestigious places, occasions, festivals and conferences across India. He has also been fortunate to receive the blessings of Pandit Nikhil Banerjee, Pandit Indranil Bhattacharyya, Pandit Balram Pathak, Pandit Manilal Nag, Pandit Mahapurush Mishra, etc.
He is a regular artiste at All India Radio(Kolkata).

Rabi Chakrabarti plays Raga Kaunshiki on his sitar. Thjs is a recording from All India Radio (Akashvani Kolkata) broadcast.
Here he is accompanied on the tabla by Satyabrata Chatterjee, disciple of Pandit Anindo Chatterjee.

Bakersbites786

Reply with quote  #123 
My dear Ustad/Guru ji

ROOPA PANESAR
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #124 
OOH You creep LOL
What you up to at the mo? We haven't talked for ages. How's the lessons?

Nick
Bakersbites786

Reply with quote  #125 
All is good se
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #126 
The Sher, YOUR house for MY vintage Hiren Roy EIGHT stringer!!! LOL

Have 2 more Kanailal & BRO sitars & 1 Hiren Roy & SONS sitar to arrive within the next week.

CLASSIC STUFF. Will post links to pics as soon as they arrive, you greedy lot.

Have already sold the Kanailal with the bird tabli design to a friend in Germany. Getting it there safely is another thing entirely!!!!!!!

Nick
Kirya

Reply with quote  #127 
This is UVK's youngest son Hidayat Hussein

A recent interview where he talks about his Dad:

http://www.thehindu.com/features/magazine/i-had-a-complicated-relationship-with-him/article5407849.ece?goback=.gde_1510297_member_5811027929953484800.gde_1510297_member_5813027565769629698#!

Kirya

Reply with quote  #128 
Nice Yaman performance by Anupam Bhagwat

It skips chunks of time as it moves through the video

Kirya

Reply with quote  #129 
Beautiful Bhatiyar by Kushal Das

Bakersbites786

Reply with quote  #130 
Ustad/Guru ji Dharambir Singh of Leicester UK.
My dear Ustad Roopa Panesar Ji's Guru.
Kirya

Reply with quote  #131 
This is Imrat Khan's youngest son I believe playing a Jhinjhoti alap -- not sure if he will continue to play but for an 8 year old he is doing pretty well and clearly has a lock on a good teacher

nicneufeld

Reply with quote  #132 
Azzie [sic?] is a great kid, a bit more full of mischief than his demure manner in that video indicates. I saw him play his first performance when he was 7 or so, and we were both learning the same Jhinjhoti alaap and gat...granted, I'm in my thirties, but to quote Kramer from Seinfeld when he was taking a kids karate class, "we're all at the same skill level, Jerry!"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.