INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
daz199

Reply with quote  #1 
I know there are coils of string available on some websites posted here, but i want to buy it from a local shop. What types of stores will sell the various gages of strings in coils?

i live in vancouver bc, btw
sitarman

Reply with quote  #2 
If you want to buy in coils, the only shops that normally carry it are piano stores, and you may have to special order the guages. I did that years ago from a store here in Tucson. Otherwise, although it's a lot more money, you can get good sets of the correct guages from the shops that advertise on this site.
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Daz,
I can,t help with a local supplier but heres the website for the Rosleau bulk coils that many of our suppliers carry. TonyKarasek uses it also. Its not as good as Pyramid wire but at @ $5.00 a coil youl get around 10 sets for the price of one top quality set. Sitarman is correct, you have to order the wire specifically sold as sitarwire. I've used it for years and its worked well for me.
http://www.fortepiano.com/wire_files/musicpiano.htm

ps: I'm not trying to undercut any of our excellent tradesmen and I support them as often as possible. However for folks on a tight budget ops: its a reasonable alternative. I wholeheartedly support using the shops on this site and the markup they charge they provide an excellent resource and believe me they are not getting any money from Jack Abramhoff. Well maybe that TK character in LaPuente is

Reply with quote  #4 
AAKMC and Sitars Etc and myself all sell coils of Roslau etc. Pick one.
Keshav
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.