INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
rameshjayakumaran

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi

Can anyone tell me where to get high grade tabla skins? Iam residing in singapore.My friend brought skin from south india.It seems like so so.Can anyone tell,if i could order from North india or direct from manufactures? It seems like very expensive where order from US ($35).
Could someone or David help !
Regards
Ramesh
KC NYC

Reply with quote  #2 
Try this place:

Indian Classical Music Centre

Indian Classical Music Centre was founded on 5th January 1998, with the purpose of promoting Indian culture in Singapore.

One of the main aims of this institution is to provide tuition in music to students of all ages, from 6 years old to 65 years old.

Tuition is available either on group or individual basis. The centre teaches Sitar, Tabla, Hindustani Vocal, Classical Guitar, Flute Harmonium, Veena, Violin, Mridangam, Carnatic Vocal and various other forms of Indian Classical music.

Sales of :

+ Musical instruments
+ Musical books
+ Musical CDs

is also available.

CONTACTS

Address: 26, Clive Street (Junction of Campbell Lane), Singapore 209781
Tel: (65) 6291-0187

Email:
For Sales & General Enquiries: s.khan786@sitar.com.sg

Opening Hours:
Opens daily from Monday to Saturday (10:00am to 8:00pm) & Sunday (10:00am to 4pm). Closed on Public Holidays.

http://sg.88db.com/Music/Lesson-Instruction/ad-150473/
rameshjayakumaran

Reply with quote  #3 
Dear David

If I go to North India where Iam to get the best pudi? I also like to see,How they manufacture the pudi at the factory. Pls give me the address.

Regards
Ramesh
pumpik

Reply with quote  #4 
Ramesh

I recently purchased a kaali 5 tabla from Shri Wadekar of Andheri Mumbai. I can vouch that it is one of the finest I have used. The tabla cost me Rs 2500/- and is made from good Shisham. Wadekar makes the pudis himself. I would certainly recommend Shri Wadekar's tablas to anyone. He also supplies tablas to some renowned tabla players, Pt Umesh Moghe, Pt Suresh Talwalkar etc.

Shri Wadekar's mobile phone numbers are: 9869645946, 9029241606.

I must very clearly state that apart from being a satisfied customer I have no other interests in any of Shri Wadekar's business deals.

Try your luck and see if he ships to Singapore - shouldn't be any problem in my opinion.

Best of luck.
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #5 
i'd like to buy pudis for dayan from this tabla maker.

did you know the price and if he can ship to italy?

thx

No amount of learning can teach one to give up the ego.The best course is to catch hold of what is real, without any support.He who is fully conscious is really God. He is the real nature of one's own true state.The experience is silence,it cannot speak.
pumpik

Reply with quote  #6 
annamalayaar

I don't see any problem in him having to ship to Italy or anywhere in the world. Just pick up the phone and talk to him. Add the prefix 0091 before the numbers given to you. I am sure you won't be disappointed, however, make sure you give him the exact dimensions and ask for a high quality pudi.

All the best
annamalayaar

Reply with quote  #7 
ok thanks
No amount of learning can teach one to give up the ego.The best course is to catch hold of what is real, without any support.He who is fully conscious is really God. He is the real nature of one's own true state.The experience is silence,it cannot speak.
pumpik

Reply with quote  #8 
Oh, by the way, Mr Wadekar may not be able to converse in English, so either speak very slowly or ask to speak to someone who can speak English fluently.
rameshjayakumaran

Reply with quote  #9 
Dear All

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Regards
Ramesh
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.