INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
barend

Reply with quote  #1 
There seems to be very little forum traffic lately. Does it have to do with the new forum or so? Maybe they can't find it anymore? Or maybe not enough interesting questions and same kind of topics for the older forum dwellers (like me). Any thoughts on this?
Sanjeeb

Reply with quote  #2 
Present!
Neal

Reply with quote  #3 
I have wondered the same myself. The archives have more interesting dialogue than anything in the last couple of years on the main forum. Disappointing.
barend

Reply with quote  #4 
Yes seems that since the 'new' forum layout many of the regular people and mostly longtime contributors don't post anymore. Not sure why and what this has to do with the new forum. It is getting pretty boring here which is not a good thing.

Think I also like it better that sitar (and other instruments) had it's own subforum. But with so little action I can see why David changed that.
Neal

Reply with quote  #5 
The lull on the forum was going on long before the makeover. It’s been a good five years since this forum was very active. I’m not sure why either??? I don’t know where everyone has gone.
CarbonSitars

Reply with quote  #6 
I check these forums occasionally, but not much has been going on. I think a lot has changed for forums in general. They are a good source of info, but many seem to reach a point where things can only be repeated so many times before people don't want to engage anymore.

I also think many people use Facebook more, and individual forums less and less. I see people talking about Indian music in lots of places, but there isn't really any central place for that. It seems pretty fragmented now, and the number of individuals in any given place are smaller.

Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, I won't speculate. I can only make observations.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.