INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
sitardoc

Reply with quote  #1 
as you all know, this outfit used to FLOOD eballs with what seemed to be relatively reasonable instruments and GREAT photos of their wares. now-they're just flat out GONE. no longer on Eballs, searches reveal nothing. they've just pulled a MAJOR Houdini. just wondering if anybody knows why they disappeared. they had a saranda that i'd been drooling over for quite some time. any info anyone???
-the doc :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
They are now "TablaSitar.com" Presumably the name change was motivated by the desire to embed keywords in their name, thus increasing their googlejuice.

Peace

David Courtney
sitardoc

Reply with quote  #3 
THANKYOU DAVID!!
-the doc
privatelabel

Reply with quote  #4 
The 'Ganesh' Sitar on their site is one of the oddest designs i've ever seen.
Hamletsghost

Reply with quote  #5 
privatelabel,

Good observation. They have now produced a Ganesh surbahar, a Ganesh sitar, and now a Ganesh nightclubber-studio-flat sitar in a little over 2 years. I have followed it with great interrest
BECAUSE.
(I have told this story before- but may be new to you)
During the time I was designing The Rose sitar with our Sitarfixer back in 2006 I was looking for something different but traditional. One of about 20 designs I suggested was a full blown Ganesh sitar. We discarded the idea as just TOO over the top, expensive and a little profane.
Now - I would have to go back in my archives of about 400 emails from back then to get the exact date early 2006, but I long gave Tony a verbal description right down to the headstock of what I dreamed up. TWO years later the Ganesh surbahar showed up on Ebay . It was a duplicate of my description right down to the twining vine inlays running up under the frets. COINCIDENCE - I think not - not THAT exact not right down to each & every little detail including full tailed peacocks on the tabli & the little ohm & trident on Ganapate's forehead & trunk. The ONLY thing they left off was Ganesh sitting enthroned etched on the picguard. The subsequent models including these 2 "flat" sitars currently on their site are not QUITE as over the top as that first surbahar - but the design is still there.
I'm not ranting believe me - I am really very flattered that obviously something this over the top that came out of my head, rough drawn by Tony & discussed with Tony's former partners in order to give me a price quote would make it's way to the market - AND SELL because also obviously they wouldn't keep knocking them out if they weren't selling.
This also definately proves beyond a shadow of a doubt - at least to me - and should be to everyone else FINALLY - That Tony's rant's and assetions that his sketches - designs - and ideas were sold to the highest bidder are oh so true.

Too bad - could you have seen the heritage masterpiece that would have come out of Tony's constant persuit for perfection as well as his obsession in pushing his former parteners to produce the ultimate instruments should a Karasek Sound Ganesh Custom been produced?

Hamletsghost 8)

ps: I have wanted a nightclubber/studio sitar for a while - If I had the disposable money to throw around I'd buy this one & send it to Tony for a full re-do & set up. HMMMMmmmmmmmmm?????? :roll:

Reply with quote  #6 
He he he
The Ganesh Surbahar is a trip.
I googled and found a set of photos showing the creation of this beast of an instrument.
Make sure you look through the photos to see it being made.
http://picasaweb.google.com/t.submontane/SurbaharProject#5244451503892716722
Hamletsghost

Reply with quote  #7 
THAT BE DA ONE ROYDS

GOOD FIND BRO.

I just cut & pasted this to my archives for future referrance. AND I had absolutely NO prior knowledge of a Ganesh sitar ever. I just thought it up and it is just earie that it is like they just looked inside my fervid imagination (a SCARY proposition that) and built it. WOW - too wierd - Tony only sent me some rough sketches and a price & WOW again it was pretty prohibative - I still don't know how they did it.
Thanks for finding this.

Brian

Reply with quote  #8 
Then there is always THIS crazy Ganesh sitar.

[attachment=0]ganesh_sitar.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Images
jpeg ganesh_sitar.jpg (15.68 KB, 1 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.