INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Tirakitataka

Reply with quote  #1 
This is about an year old report I came across on Youtube today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TtLdBzgLxmA&feature=fvwp

It is a real shame that such an Ustad has to beg on road or near Masjid for day to day living. The video is in Sindhi language from Sindh TV. I can't understand Sindhi but those who know Hindi can understand much of it.

This is basically a documentary on Ustad Balay Khan from Pakistan Sindh province about his current condition. He has accompanied musicians like Mehdi Hassan, Gulam Ali khan and all those but now in his old age he has to beg for living.

I literally cried watching this. I don't know his current condition but would really love to help this guy if someone on this forum knows how I can. If all of us can spare $10 each, it would might help him for his day to day living or medical needs.

I am sure If someone like David can initiate, this can really happen.

pbercker

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Tirakitataka"
I am sure If someone like David can initiate, this can really happen.

It is indeed a sad state of affairs, but it's almost impossibly difficult for anyone on this side of the world to even begin to know what to do to help. The logistics seem impossible to hurdle. As you note, you do not know what his current circumstances are ... is there any way of finding that out? Is it possible to get in touch with Sindh TV to locate the reporter, and pursue his whereabouts that way? Is there any one on the forum who is anywhere near there, or possibly in Pakistan that might be able to contact the TV station and then the reporter? ...

Perhaps I'm wrong, and indeed I wish I was wrong, but to be quite honest with you, I do not know what it is that David - or anyone else - could possibly initiate to make anything happen. Such is the human condition multiplied a million fold.

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
Tirakitataka

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Pascal,

I 100% agree with you. I am in the same boat as you the only difference is that I am on the other side of the world (Australia).

Here we do plenty of not for profit musical programs and generate money to help people in need far up there in Himalayas with no road or electricity. This story is changing my direction and making me think how I or we can help out people like this.

I don't have any contact in Pakistan or know anybody out there otherwise would have tried that channel first.

I know it is difficult but taking a chance if something comes out.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.