INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Hamletsghost

Reply with quote  #1 
[size=150]EXCITING NEWS!!![/size]
OUR FRIEND TONY KARASEK HAS DECIDED TO MAKE THE CHICAGOLAND REGION HIS PERMANENT HOME.

Tony, a student of Pandit Ravi Shankar, has been visiting here as a guest of Patric Marks (who often referred to Tony as the most talented Jawariwalla he had ever known) working on a vast assortment of Indian instruments in the region for many years.
He has been a guest in my home in Indiana many times, as well as Bob Lund's home in Illinois, working on scores of instruments during his annual junkets to the Region.

He lived in India for many years touring the world, performing, designing and building his own line of instruments. Tony and his wife have decided this would be a wonderful place to live and work because of the warm reception he has always received from Patric's students and friends.
They have purchased a home in Merrillville, Indiana and his services are now available for the entire Chicagoland Northwest Indiana Region as well as Southern Wisconsin and Michigan.

Whether you need a precious family heirloom refurbished, assistance purchasing a student instrument, finding a vintage gem or commissioning a one of a kind custom instrument, he will be able to assist you.
Work is available on all Indian stringed and percussion instruments.

Tony will be offering classes for the sitar and tabla.
His approach to teaching is very practical while showing a deep respect for the traditions of these ancient instruments.

Tony will also be available for performances, providing just the right background for an intimate home gathering, adding that exotic sound for large corporate or private parties, weddings and other special family events.
This versatile multi-instrumentalist will be available to add his talents to your band's performance, as well as collaborating on recording sessions on both eastern and western instruments.

Tony's contact information is:
Address: 7414 Iddings Ct.
Merrillville, Indiana 46410
eMail: horsley42@gmail.com
Phone: 919-450-6680

[size=150]So Please join us in welcoming to the Region this dedicated artist, luthier and instrument technician and his family.[/size]

Brian the friendly Ghost Dering 8)

ps: AND THEY'RE ONLY THREE BLOCKS AWAY FROM US

Reply with quote  #2 
That's awesome news for us Indiana folks!

Reply with quote  #3 
Ironically I'm just concluding my first week spent in Charlotte for a database professional convention, so I wouldn't have been able to go meet Tony anyway, here, anymore!

Fills a big gap in the midwest, wilkommen!
nikhilwannabee

Reply with quote  #4 
Nicest sitar news of the year so far! Looking forward to seeing you guys up there! Tony when your studio and workspace is ready for sitar visitors, just let me know please. I can bring 2 at a time, come back in a week or few days and bring 2 more for you to work your magic on. The regional sitar scene has just been infused with some potent juju.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.