INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
coyootie

Reply with quote  #1 
very playable, completely tweaked- all the pegs work! currently strung VK style. usual flaking varnish on tumba and scratches/dings but quite solid, great sound. about 40 years old.has a nice larger tabli, rounder than most sitars, which adds to the tone/volume.was in the US since acquired by the former owner, an Indian lady who'd played seriously for many years.. price $ 725.00 includes shipping in the lower 48.

accha, I think I have a Picasa album here. the first set of pix is the Varanasi described here, 2nd set old Kolkata, last set, Kolkata with case. please contact me if you need more info.
[Picasa is pretty labyrinthine to use]

https://picasaweb.google.com/105415539596594041760/2010_03_21?authkey=Gv1sRgCO-e9s6zptzjeA
cabernethy

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi,

I don't think anyone will be able to see any of the links to the 3 items/posts. The links all reference local files on the PC that they are stored on. You need to upload to a web sharing site and post those links instead.

Regards,
Carl
coyootie

Reply with quote  #3 
I just tried it- copied and pasted in my browser- came up fine-
nicneufeld

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "coyootie"
That's because it is a link to a file local to your machine, not on the internet, so only for you the link will work (for instance, if you tried it on a different computer, it won't work either). What you will need is a photo hosting service that you can upload to (plenty of these around, I can't make a good recommendation, although I occasionally use photobucket.com).

Good luck!
David Russell Watson

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "coyootie"
That's because you have copies of the pictures on the computer you're using.

All your URLs begin in "file:///C:/Documents...", and so are "internal" paths, not web addresses.

David
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.