INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Clément

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everybody,
i'm looking for any informations about this vintage Sitar.
It seems to be a necklace style but more decorated than thoose i found on the net. And i haven't found Kharaj pancham necklace style on the net.

I want to bring it alive again, there is some work to do obviously!! I will do myself and check with sitarfactory also.
So i'm pretty sure that there is a topic on it, but if somebody had technicals infos a bout repairs tumba cracks, i'm your men.

That's all folks!
All the best from France
Clément

Capture d’écran (79).png    IMG_20200604_125106.jpg  IMG_20200604_124419.jpg    IMG_20200604_124043.jpg 

katyrow

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clément
And i haven't found Kharaj pancham necklace style on the net.

A similar KP, but a couple of years later:

https://www.vintagesitars.com/product-page/1960s-rikhi-ram-munda-necklace-offset-8-badged-sitar
Clément

Reply with quote  #3 
Yes, thanks I'm totally new in the universe of sitar, so.
I have seen the one you are talking about, But with a lakadi tumba, and déco less... En the decal is more older no?
katyrow

Reply with quote  #4 
Correct on both.  Similar, but not identical.  
barend

Reply with quote  #5 
I had one of those with simpler decorations. They are nice but have limited meend range. That's why I sold it.
Also without scratch plate it is really vulnerable when doing these power tarab/mizrab strokes. I guess back then players had other needs as say 15 years later?
cwroyds

Reply with quote  #6 
Sweet old sitar. 
I love the RR necklace designs.
Have a good time fixing it up.  

FYI, there are a lot of threads on the forum about toomba repair etc. 
If you post specific questions, there are knowledgeable people here who can help. 
Clément

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you, yes I love that old design, simple... I hope that might sound good... But I don't care about doing meends to PA or dha, I'm much in love with old school music, so here it's an old school sitar. If somebody is interested, Tony karasek, provide me the total identification of that kind of RR sitar.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.