INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
barend

Reply with quote  #1 
Is someone willing to share VK's old Marwa recording with me....or want to trade it for another CD (I have tons of Indian music)????

I need it for stuying purposes....I am only interested in his old recording(s)...I think there is only one old Marwa recording...it is only alap and jor....but maybe there are more...I am not sure...
RD

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm not aware of a VK Marwa other than the one with Anindo Chatterjee from I think the late 80's. I have that one and it's great. Does an older recording exist?
sitariya

Reply with quote  #3 
I know there is a very old recording (back from 40s) of VK and Ali Akbar live Jugalbandi. They played Yaman aalap, jod followed by marwa gat. I have tried hard to get it , but I have not been able to do it. I would appreciate if anyone can provide some info. His new recording of marwa is reasonably good ( specially as he was in different mood ).
barend

Reply with quote  #4 
I am pretty sure I saw on the internet that there was another older recording from the 60ties....like I said only Alap and Jor... I can not find the link anymore.
barend

Reply with quote  #5 
Why is this topic moved to Raga's and compositions??

It is a sitar related topic I think..haha
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #6 
I have a selection of old VK records I'm ready to sell now as I have nearly all of them on CD from my last few visits to India.
Send a mail to

trippymonkey@gmail.com

for my list.

Nick
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #7 
I also picked up a CD of VK's recordings on 78s whilst in Varanasi from a guy who went to Kolkatta to get it. It has his very first recording ever on it too. 8) 8)
It's really interesting to see his development from his early days onwards.

Nick
sita'dam

Reply with quote  #8 
some more old recordings of Vk can be found on old films....

http://imdb.com/name/nm0451336/
I can recommend.... 'Jalsaghar' (1958) [aka The Music Room]
which ive seen on some file-sharing progs.
Joshua Feinberg

Reply with quote  #9 
hi sitariya,

i have a recording of that jugalbandi, but its not marwa. the play Iman Kalyan to start, and then the gat is Bihag. and AMAZING recital!

best,

jf

cream_cheese

Reply with quote  #10 
Didi anyone get hold of this jugalbandi? Will you please share it ?

Thanks very much.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.