INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
ragamala

Reply with quote  #1 
doing some housekeeping on my meduafire account I noticed that only the second part of a Bismillah Khan documentary and of an Amjad A K concert were there.

This oversight has now been corrected, and I've added an Ali Akbar Khan 1/2 hour 1985 TV prog, plus a rare (thankfully :roll: ) Krishnamurty Sirdar prog from the same era.

Link to the folder is
http://www.mediafire.com/?j7mnakx62a2r5

Edit
Oops, the first attempt to upload the Amjad A K seemed to have failed - it's there now.
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #2 
R
Are these copies any better than mine?

Nick
ragamala

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "trippy
R
Are these copies any better than mine?

Nick
I don't know, Nick. I haven't seen yours.

But I do have better versions - the .mpg versions I created from the original VHS tapes are better than the .avi quality I've uploaded. I can mail you a DVD of these if you're interested. Try a d/l of one or two of what I've uploaded to see what you think.
s1owpoke

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for posting the Ustad Ali Akbar Khan interview. I just watched it on my phone at work. The video made me smile all night at work

"Real music is not for wealth, not for honours or even the joys of the mind... but as a path for realization and salvation."
Ustad Ali Akbar Khan
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #5 
R
At first I thought they were from MY stuff as they seemed to stop & start at the same time although I'm sure you would've said so. I uploaded to youtube ALL of these maybe with exception of B Khan's.

Thanks.
Nick
ragamala

Reply with quote  #6 
These are from my original VHS tapes - I still have these.
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #7 
Excellent. Some of yours may well be better than mine!!

Do you have the Seema Mukerjee solo interview where they went to her house in London & showed her practicing???

Nick
ragamala

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "trippy
Excellent. Some of yours may well be better than mine!!

Do you have the Seema Mukerjee solo interview where they went to her house in London & showed her practicing???

Nick
Sorry, no. I think the only things on video I haven't digitised are a SI dance performance from one of the TV progs, and another performance in one of them by Anup Kumar Biswas on cello.
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #9 
OK
Dancer's name? I think I have the cello clip too.

Nick
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.