AACM 1 7%
 Kala Kendar 2 14%
 Keshav 1 7%
 Karasek Sounds 4 28%
 Shahid_Satarmakar 0 0%
 Sitarsetc 3 21%
 Mid East Mfg. 0 0%
 Other, CF Martin, Chinese, Ebay, Et Al 3 21%
Total votes: 14. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment  
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #1 
Ok lets get this rolling, I think almost all the vendors we use are exxxxcelent, so maybe its a non objective popularity contest? Shill votes are encouraged, nastiness is NOT. Also maybe folks will start looking in this section.

Reply with quote  #2 
Whoooo Hoooo Keshav is smokin...... ps. Is this poll working, I want shills!!!

Reply with quote  #3 
whats a shill vote? :roll:
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #4 
Hey Daz, ("What is a Shill?) its a time honored American institution where you pay or coerce another to vote for your candidate. I represent Stark Raven Enterprise. We sell shills for $20.00 US. Just send a SASE to Stark Raven Inc, made out to cash.
BTY: Is the poll showing up to others? Don't be shy its only semi-serious and you can always vote then delete your post to remain anonymous.
Hmmm Anonymous? Should have entered them in the race.

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "AbdulLatif"
Hey Daz, ("What is a Shill?) its a time honored American institution where you pay or coerce another to vote for your candidate. I represent Stark Raven Enterprise. We sell shills for $20.00 US. Just send a SASE to Stark Raven Inc, made out to cash.
BTY: Is the poll showing up to others? Don't be shy its only semi-serious and you can always vote then delete your post to remain anonymous.
Hmmm Anonymous? Should have entered them in the race.
Actually, in the world of message boards like this, shill has been taking on another meaning (which kind of shocked me when I saw you inviting shills). This is one person who creates a main account, then one or more shill accounts. In this way they can flood polls with answers THEY like, using all of the different accounts. Folks do this on ebay as well and then bid on their own items using a "shill account".

So while the spirit of the shill remains true, the inernet and its annonymity is allowing people to be their own shills under multiple guises.

AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #6 
CR*P, Allright do not Shill vote. I'll change the heading later. Since no one is voting though

Pov? does the poll work when you post a reply?

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "AbdulLatif"
CR*P, Allright do not Shill vote. I'll change the heading later. Since no one is voting though

Pov? does the poll work when you post a reply?
S'okay Abdul! The compuetrs have a huge impact on many things, including new words and modified definitions of old words. Even something simple like the word "e-mail". People say "I got three emails today" but they say about regular mail "I got mail today." How weird it would sound the hear "I got three mails todays."

I cannot participate with any good conscience because I have only dealt with AACM, which I greatly enjoy dealing with. They are not far and I can get there by bus in a bit over an hour. So my fear is that voting for AACM would imply a measure of dissatisfaction with the rest, which would not be true.

But I DO see a vote or two there now when I click on "view".

AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks pov, LOL I gotta get out more. I knew about shill bidding, my Kinnara veena got shilled by a computer program to 2 cents under my max bid :evil: I had't considered lack of range in the poll, sp please go out and buy a new sitar from someone....And who the Hell voted for chinese???

Reply with quote  #9 
Hrrrumphhh to late to remove the "Shill vote" from the poll. ops:

Well people are voting, If I had a shill I'd give one to Tony,Bharat,Keshav,AACM maybe Kala Kendar, no business with them, So??

I'm a little shocked people are voting for CF Martin and Chinese?? How about a write in with your vote for inclusion in future polls? Maybe people know of some good companies out there we don't hear from??

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.