INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
sarod

Reply with quote  #1 
Just found this amazing clip of Vasantji on Youtube.
Man this is awesome!! I still cant fathom the level of clarity he had!
Sooooo clean and crisp playing + melodic.
Perfect right and left hand coordination.

Enjoy
dobro

Reply with quote  #2 
Like I said! Perfect! The attention to sur and clarity is mind blowing! what i like is he retains his melodic personality while being technically astounding!
My favorite Sarodiya ever. RIP Vasant Rai. Man the crisp da and diri diri strokes...not too hard but just right.
Now with Ali Akbar Khan gone! its over! These beasts are of the past era!
Thank god for recordings

Do you have the actual video of the recording?
pimeson

Reply with quote  #3 
so beautiful, thanks.

could someone reupload that malkauns by vasant rao sahib that was posted a few months ago? (perhaps it was trippy monkey who posted it? I'm not sure)
horsefly

Reply with quote  #4 
here is a link to the malkauns, my copy from an LP unfortunately not exactly in prime condition, but listenable

*http*://http://www.mediafire.com/?terrxxg3lm4
pimeson

Reply with quote  #5 
horsefly, i'm so grateful. thank you very much.

i continue to wait with bated breath for raga records to release more vasant rai
cream_cheese

Reply with quote  #6 
I must agree. I recently discovered Vasant Rai's music with the same youtube clip and have been mesmerised ever since. There are a few very short clips on his website. The Kirwani alaap is astounding.

BTW, Vasantji lived in the USA for quite some time and toured extensively, I think. I am intrigued that there are not many concert recordings available with fans, i.e. along the lines of Ali Akbar Khan, Ravi Shankar or Vilayat Khan. If anyone has and will share, I (along with many others) will be very very obliged.

CC.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.