INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Register Calendar Latest Topics Chat

Author   Comment  
drutgat

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi David and others,
I returned to the forums yesterday for the first time in about a year, and I am experiencing several problems in using the forums, and would appreciate some help with these problems.

I should say here that I am using Chrome and Edge as my browsers in Win 10, and experience all but one problem in both browsers.

Specifically:
1.  URLs not accessible.
When I am in Chrome and I click on URLs in the body of posted messages, the browser takes me to a blank page - i.e., it tries to follow the link, but is not successful.

I have found that CTRL- Left clicking (i.e., holding the CTRL key down, and choosing the left click button or area on the mouse) makes the link work. Why does this happen? It does not happen for me on other forums.

This does NOT happen in Edge - i.e., clicking on URLs works in Edge for me.

2. In Chrome, when I try to click on the 'Chat' option in the menu bar along the top of the page, nothing happens.

Once again, in Chrome, CTRL-Left clicking solves this problem.

The other options in the menu bar all work by simply clicking on them in the normal way (just a left click) - 'Control', 'Search', 'Calendar', and 'Latest Topics', and so on.

3. In both Chrome and Edge, the blue text at the bottom right corner of the page (e.g., the text saying 'New Topic', among other things) is unreadable until I hightlight it (i.e., left click and drag my mouse over it in order to get the text to display as white).

In fact, I did not even realize this text was there until I was looking for a way to post a message, and noticed the vague blue colour of that text, and performed the operation I describe above.

Similarly, the text in the menu bar at the top of the page (also blue) - i.e., 'Control', 'Search', 'Calendar', and 'Latest Topics' , etc. - is difficult, but not impossible to read, in both Edge and Chrome.

The text display/readability problems are clearly webpage problems, not browser ones, and should be easy to remedy.

Many thanks for any suggestions or help you can give with these difficulties.

drutgat

david

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks.  I will look into it.
drutgat

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks David.

[smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.