INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #16 
Somebody was selling the exact electric veena I'm talking about on e-bay a short while ago. A flet body with a set of frets & gourds that make it look like a Rudra Veena. Built in tambura (south Indian word) too. OOOHHH Goody!!!!
Not that ridiculous overpriced 'house' that dost Abdul had the 'temerity' to slag off.
I'm just about to put a selection of my instrument decorations on afformentioned site as we speak.
Enjoy!!!!
Nick
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #17 
Along with the pics are 2 videos a Japanese guy did on his small cam machine so explaining sound/visual limitations at the shop I bought my surbahar in.

First is Sohanlal on flute with Rohit on tabla.
Second is me with Rohit at the end of a small tabla solo. Anyone who knows the gat should be able to tell me the deliberate mistake re the tabla NOT my playing so WATCH IT!!!!

Nick
Monica

Reply with quote  #18 
Thanks Stephen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stephen"
Hey Monica,
It twas I that had photos of Dileep Sharmas experimental two gourd cello. I'll try to figure out which site I have the photo posted on and will pass on the link. Dileep had several "experimental" instruments that had some unique details hidden away at his home.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.