INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 5     «   Prev   2   3   4   5
mahadev

Reply with quote  #61 
:twisted: :twisted:

hahahaha......

Reply with quote  #62 
Dear God - I just viewed the video......I feel like contacting Amnesty International - that lunatic is torturing a helpless sitar! When she got them thar eating irons out and attacked the tarabs - I thought my eyes were going to pop out
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #63 
Firstly
Welcome back, Max. 8)
NOW!!!!
Isn't it strange how few pages we devote to most things on this forum & yet we're already up to PAGE FIVE NOW!!!!!! on this utter crap.

When do we stop or at least take a step back??

Nick
mahadev

Reply with quote  #64 
My best regards to Prof. Nick ! Hope you are well and in good spirits, my friend.

He he, I love threads like this. Have some fun ! Remember when this forum was unmoderated and we used to have glorious flame wars ? Sometimes the heat of battle produced very interesting discussions and concentrated minds wonderfully.

I am on a computer with no sound but I saw parts of this video.....
Can't wait to hear what this Pandit sound like...

Reply with quote  #65 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "mahadev"
My best regards to Prof. Nick ! Hope you are well and in good spirits, my friend.

He he, I love threads like this. Have some fun ! Remember when this forum was unmoderated and we used to have glorious flame wars ? Sometimes the heat of battle produced very interesting discussions and concentrated minds wonderfully.

I am on a computer with no sound but I saw parts of this video.....
Can't wait to hear what this Pandit sound like...
Mahadev, at least since 2005 when I first joined, these forums were never unmoderated (my join date, like yours, says 2006 because of the software meltdown that made people have to re-register). And it was exactly those old flame wars that ultimately created the edict that personal attacks were not welcome here, and even caused some account deletions. Personal attacks, racism etc. are a necessary ingredients for deep discussion? Anyway...

As far as that video goes, for some reason I cannot view it the way I view some of the other videos of people thinking they are actually playing sitar and/or presenting this music properly. That video is beyond anything I could possibly conceive of. It is like watching a tree knitting a sweater or a river building a sofa. It makes so little sense it is impossible to even relate it to sitar or this music. So I have watched it a few times now and my brain still cannot wrap around what it is seeing. It could be a path to enlightenment.

nicneufeld

Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "povster"
It could be a path to enlightenment.
I certainly hope not!!!
povster

Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "nicneufeld"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "povster"
It could be a path to enlightenment.
I certainly hope not!!!
Anything's possible!

To quote Lex Luthor in SUPERMAN (1978) "Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe."

CheesecakeTomek

Reply with quote  #68 
It is quite alarming to see a sitar used in such a manner! That being said, I actually find most of the sounds quite fascinating when I close my eyes and detach myself from the source. I think there is some legitimate sound art going on here; and if she can reproduce this work more or less the same way each time, it is quite impressive. I would love to hear the whole piece (it does say these are excerpts from a rehearsal), though I do not think I could watch it.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.