INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #1 
Check out these pics on

http://www.trippymonkey.myphotoalbum.com

under the selling folder to see some instruments I have for sale.
There's 3 sitars & 2x6 string tanpuras as well as my first EXTRA LONG surbahar which is at least 20 years old. Tanpura 2 still has a gourd crack that, I presume, is fixable or filleable anyway.

There's bags for the 3 sitars &/or 2 boxes if wanted. The tanpuras don't have covers yet. The surbahar has a soft material cover only.
The pics are a little dark as I had to get distance to get each one in but a computer can lighten them a bit.

Although this might be a bit limited as it's in the UK, others might be interested as well.
Price-wise, I'm negotiable. But sensible offers please!!! :wink: £150 plus on the sitars. £350 plus on the surbahar. The brown gayaki, a little cheaper than the sitars.
Sound-wise, they're all at least good.

I'll also be putting up my ICM vinyl collection with some real rarities soon. Watch out for that.

Nick
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #2 
I think I'll put a few better pics on the site on tues as, cos I'm not on the net at home, I have to use the local library's & they're not open mon.

Thanks for the interest anyway.
e-mail is

trippymonkey@gmail.com

Nick
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #3 
I think I'll be withdrawing the brown 'gayaki' as I did a really nice new jawari on it at the weekend & it suddenly opened up.
Just in case anyone is thinking about it.

Please check out the LP vinyls post.

Thanks
Nick
barend

Reply with quote  #4 
Damn that is an ugly crack in that black sitar!!!

What happened....I guess I was lucky with my sitar which I bought in India....How did you fix it...with some super glue....???
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #5 
Friend Barend

Yes, I did indeed superglue it. I had to sand the whole gourd down to even the surface out & have started to re-spray it black now.

It's quite possible, having looked at the box I sent it in, that it has either flexed in transit or the box has been dropped or had a heavy weight dropped/put on it.

Luckily the gourd wasn't shattered so that makes me think it was one, single action that caused the damage.

Nick
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.