INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
orenoishii

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Everyone

Would anyone know where I can put my hands on Uday Shankar videos? Or recording?
Thanks a lot and best regards

Peace
orenoishii

Reply with quote  #2 
thanks!
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #3 
I have several posts up here about Uday Shankar. Check them out.
Also check youtube under that name or mine there, tripmonk0.

His elder brother came up in conversation when I asked Pt Ravi Shankar about clips from Pt-ji's excellent double DVD In Portrait. He's says there's a legal wrangle between the wife & MISTRESS as to who has rights over Uday's work soooo....

Also there's an invaluable book by Mohan Khokar called 'His Dance His Life'. Unfortunately it's long out of print but I managed to scan the book when I borrowed it from a local library.

Nick
orenoishii

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Nick
how are you
can I have a copy of those scans?
Best regards
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #5 
I'm in India at the moment & the scans are back in the UK so I won't be able to get them to you before the end of april, I'm afraid.

Nick
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #6 
Actually Uday Shankar perfected his own style of Indian dance PARTLY based on classical & folk dances he travelled around seeing. It's all so well documented in the book I mentioned.

As I said, there are several more modern versions of his dances I've uploaded to youtube.

Nick
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #7 
Not sure but I think this link will take you to my folder Of the scanned book on mediafire.
I have a slow connection here in India so it would take ages to check it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tdmgyjzzwdq

Nick
anandvyasorg

Reply with quote  #8 
Nick-Bhai ~ since i bought a home here i Have a 4.0 MBS connection ~ worth it money wise for me. Point is i tries your link and it definitely works. Wher can we meet to trade music?

Anand
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.