INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
coughcapkittykat

Reply with quote  #1 
Damn jor string snapped again. I was practising some meends on this string and *bam* there it goes. Second time in a few months.

Anyway, I don't have a replacement so I'm wondering what I can do. I have it strung in VK style so now I have two chickari strings and two drone strings under them, then the baj. I have some strings left over from when I had it set up in RS style but only the 3rd & 4th strings (pa/ga and bass sa).

I've put the 3rd string on to replace the jor but it sounds too low at sa but pretty weird at ga. Should I even bother with this string at all? It sounds a bit thin without the jor but not too bad really.

I do have some thin steel strings like the ones below the chickari so maybe i should put one of those one and tune it to sa?
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #2 
I'd be only too happy to sell you individual strings or multiples of a particular gauge or material. $1.00 per string ( looped, packaged and ready to install ) plus postage. PM me if you're interested. Cheers!

Reply with quote  #3 
Well...
Meend on baj not on jor, play slides and hammer on and pull off's instead
Otherwise you must have steel on jor, haven't tried it myself but most people don't use it or don't like it

in any case be sure to have extra strings and "extra-extra" of jor, they will break even if you are kind to them. :twisted:

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "tligen"
Otherwise you must have steel on jor
Ah ok, I didn't realise that. Thanks for the info, I'll give up trying them then!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.