INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
assingh

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello Friends,

Do you have any recommendation for good App for tuning Tabla? I use Android as my phone so no Iphone here. Also, does anyone has the picture to show how we can tune Tabla to G, E D# with Harmonium.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
TablaBeatz

Reply with quote  #2 
I use Tuner by JSplash for iPhone
I don't know whether it's on android

It is different as you still use your Ear - its plays a note for you - and then you tune your tabla accordingly

I prefer to train my ear also this way -

I find those cheap computer programs that spit out the note you are playing not very reliable - I think you would need to buy those propper more expensive tuners from the music shop

Anyway that's my 2 cents !

"The beginning of life is rhythm. When you’re in the womb your mother’s heart is beating at (about 90) decibels ... we were born of vibration 13.7 billion years ago with the explosion of the universe."
Bhakta

Reply with quote  #3 
For Android I use ClearTune. It's great tuning app and worth the money. It's a little pricey, but absolutely worth it. I use every time I have a tabla lesson to tune up before class starts. Very accurate and also has a tone generator.
Tirakitataka

Reply with quote  #4 
I use gStrings which is 100% free, very accurate and has tone generator as well.
va4leo

Reply with quote  #5 
Cleartune provides a good single tone. Very good for training ears!!! What do you mean by pictures? You mean a video of tuning tablas to specific notes?

Reply with quote  #6 
Hello Friends,

I have gotten Cleartune for my Android phone. I also installed the free one recommended on this thread. I was trying to get keyboard reference for the Harmoinum in which keys are defined as scales to tune Tabla.

Best Regards,
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.