INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
vb

Reply with quote  #1 
  • Hello all. I am a new contributor to this forum, but was an avid follower, as a younger man, years ago.   Now approaching 80, I realize I have too many instruments, some of which I no longer play. and would like to sell. Two in particular are 1) a student model Rikhi Ram, purchased from The House of Musical Traditions in NYC @ 1965. In the 1970's I grew and added an upper tumba. This sitar has a very low action and is in very good shape; no cracks, dents, missing parts, etc. It is housed in a home made paper mache case decorated inside and out with images of the day usic, dance, political images gleaned from the NY Times, Rolling Stone, etc.  An authentic hippie piece if ever there was.

The second sitar is a teak MPS, the "Lotus", inspected and certified by Indrajit Bannerjee and purchased from Peter at Buckingham @ 2000. It is # 11 in the series and Peter said he was hoping to keep it in his personal collection. Dunno if that was just a sales pitch or not.  This sitar has been out of my house on only three occasions, the last of which was to have it evaluated by a professional luthier and a professional sitarist.  Both thought it to be a superb instrument in great shape.

I do not want to put these on eBay, and do not want to send them through the mails.  Should there be someone in this forum audience who is near the mid Hudson area of NY State, who might be interested in purchasing them I would be more than glad to provide documentation, images, etc.  I would like them to have a good home, am not interested in profiting from their sale, but do not want to give them away either. $500 for the RR along with the folk art case (which might be offered separately on eBay as folk art memorabilia )  and $1,000 for the MPS Teak Lotus (along with the spare parts kit, standard case and independent drum box for the very large upper gourd): both of these prices are very reasonable.  These are older, well made instruments, in great (RR) to near perfect (MPS) condition.    

Since this is my first post, I am uncertain as to how contact is to be made, but I am sure regulars will lead the way.  Thanks  Bill Bakaitis

Tomek Regulski

Reply with quote  #2 
Hello Bill - I just PM'd you, please check your inbox. Thank you!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.