INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
assingh

Reply with quote  #1 
In 2011, on the occassion of Ustad Keramatullah Khan's birthday, Shri Gourishankar Karmakar (disciple of Pandit Sankha Chatterjee) performed a tabla solo for his students, with a particular focus on Ustad Keramatullah's compositions as well other traditional Farukhabad compositions. Harmonium accompaniment is provided by Shri Sameer Kotasthane.

hbajpai

Reply with quote  #2 
Very nice! Thank you for sharing. Watched it once quickly and the performance is wonderful. Will watch it again, closely this weekend.
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #3 
I watched it last night. It was a delight. Very appropriately entitled.

He gets the ball rolling with dha dha dhagena.... I believe this had a video glitch. Chaar bhaag kaida immediately after. Dhig dhina.... Very nicely done. I do not know the dhig dhina with chipki, i guess a kermatullah khan saheb special. Etc.etc. relas are nicely done. Tihais are nice and simple. The kaida that included katkatkat khan saheb style is simply amazing. I can not remember how it starts, but this weekend, i will jump right to it.

Was the performed prempted to focus on dhirdhir by the audiance/sponsorer? In the future, consider getiing a mic for the performer.

Thanks for sharing.
assingh

Reply with quote  #4 
Hello Friends,

Please enjoy one more from Shri Gourishankar Karmakar

pbercker

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "assingh"
Hello Friends,

Please enjoy one more from Shri Gourishankar Karmakar

I've seen this video a number of times now but he never ceases to amaze me. He is without a doubt in my top 10 favorite tabla players.

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.