INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Kanti Dattani

Reply with quote  #16 
Hi vijal

Raga Parmeshwari

You write

>>does anyone have vocal recording of this raga... plzzzzzzzz<<

See my posting above of 9.4.2007. Gaurav Majumdar's cd contains a 3 minute vocal track (too short, I know) based on Parmeshwari, which he says was composed by RS. Write to all the three artistes whose cds I have; they might know of a longish vocal recording.

Over ten years ago I heard Vishwa Prakash Pandit, a very good vocalist who was based in London, sing this raga. I will try to contact him and let you know if he can throw some light.

Kanti Dattani
vijal

Reply with quote  #17 
hi if u hv the vocal link plz send the link..... or if u hv any online site where we can listen it will also ok for me....
Kanti Dattani

Reply with quote  #18 
Hi vijal

You write

>>hi if u hv the vocal link plz send the link..... or if u hv any online site where we can listen it will also ok for me.... <<

I have neither. Sorry. Copyrighted cd; so can't send you a CDR either! If you are on SKYPE contact me and I will play this for you. A few friends have heard my cds this way. If you like it then you can buy the CD. I am not in music business and don't sell CDs. They are cheaper in India and US. I am in UK.

Kanti Dattani
kantidattani@aol.com
krisheswari

Reply with quote  #19 
There is a full album on this Raag rendered by Ronu Mazumdaar on the flute.

I guess this Raag has a good part of Charukesi. It takes the ga Ma da ni in the Arohan from Charukesi and adds Pancham and sudhdha rishab in the Avarohan.
sa ga Ma da Pa Ma Pa ga Ma da ni SA
SA Da ni Pa Da Ma Pa Ga Ma Ri sa

Krisheswari
Shankar Subramanian

Reply with quote  #20 
Parameshwari rendered as part of khamas RTP by Bombay Jayashri. It is a janya ragam of which parent raga
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.