INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Christianamr

Reply with quote  #1 
There have been many special short movies highlighting the diversity of indian musical and dance styles over the years .
It´s nice and informative to see them in one spot .

This is one indian television special I picked up from youtube ( Doordarshan ) .
I have encountered several versions of it , with lots of masters from many fields ( Balamuralikrishna , Ravi Shankar , Shivkumar Sharma , Alla Rakha , Zakir Hussain , Hariprasad Chaurasia ) , many languages , many singing styles and many dancing styles :

It appears in many versions :

" Baje Sargam har taraf se "

with many comments

with subtitles

Artists : Bhimsen Joshi and the other ones mentioned below .

Instruments : Sarangi , Rajasthani Sarangi and the ones mentioned in the clip below

Dances : Rajasthan ka Kalabeliya Nritya , Kathak , Odissi , Manipuri Nritya , Kathakali , Mohiniyattam , Kuchipudi , Bharat Natyam

" The masters perform raag Des "

00:08 Violin (Carnatic): Bala Murali Krishna 00:20 Veena (Carnatic): S. Balachander 01:16 Violin (Carnatic): Sri Lalgudi G. Jayaraman 01:54 Sitar: Ravi Shankar 02:14 Sintoor: Shiv Kumar Sharma 02:37 Sarod: Amjad Ali Khan 02:54 Tabla: Zakir Hussain 02:55 Tabla: Alla Rakha 03:15 Veena (Carnatic): S. Balachander 03:35 Flute: Hari Prasad Chaurasia

Ii´s one of the best things I´ve ever seen .

Then there is also the region-based special " Mile Sur Mera Tumhara " , which I will post in the near future . It has different versions , which have aroused some controversy .

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.