INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Indianmusiclover

Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone has any suggestion how to repair a tear near the very rim of the Ravanhatta about the size of the tip of the little finer? Is there way to avoid reheading the skin parchment because it will be a major operation. Thanks.
lightningshaman

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm sorry - I don't have an answer to your question about how to repair the skin on the Ravanhatta, but I am curious as to where you managed to get a Ravanhatta....I have fallen in love with this instrument and the music played on it...Did you go to Rajasthan or did you find a store to order it from? thanks in advance!
festus

Reply with quote  #3 
There was a cat at the Nashville NAMM show who could get them ... I saw them on there order form and it wasn't Mid-West either ...
festus

Reply with quote  #4 
I'll try and find out the import company ... I think they were out of L.A.
lightningshaman

Reply with quote  #5 
thanks so much..I'd love to know the name of the import company..besides the tear on the skin, do you like the instrument you got?
satwas

Reply with quote  #6 
hi ravanhatta lowers
god news
i was many month living in an ravanhatta macker famaly .so i know how to repair those .
skin excance is not so difficuld . i can help u , but i am german, and my indlish is not so stong, 4 explaning how to do that . send some pics from ur insument and i can tell u .i can help u if it nessasery to excance the skin maby on skype .with cam than its easyer .satwas75 its me .
if u need spareparts or new insuments, i can do .i have to go enyway to raj again because i have tere some stuff . it will bee in dezember i tink so ,just before i go to germany again .so let my know if u need someting from there .be carefull with buying ravanhattas from some were .because the most instuments those bopa pepole macke are just bullshit .they now that also, but many peapole just fall in love in this insument buy one mosly redust sitze because it more handy .also the bopas macke them to sell easy (ceap) so they macke them quick and dity style .and the sound is than acording to that .means there will be an huge amount of bad insuments in the houses of travelers . at home they find it hard to play them and will get tired of them .eiter hang them on the wall or trow or sell them .and if u buy u will probably not bee happy . this the way it is .feel free to ask me if u need some help 4 this instument .namaskar
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.