INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
Tabla related new year's resolution anyone?

Quote:
"Resolutions are more sustainable when shared, both in terms of with whom you share the benefits of your resolution, and with whom you share the path of maintaining your resolution. Peer-support makes a difference in success rate with new year's resolutions".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_resolution

Pascal
p.s. regretably, 88% of new year's resolution end in failure!

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
deep

Reply with quote  #2 
Check out this forum at least once a day ! :-)
assingh

Reply with quote  #3 
1. Starting Tabla lessons with Gourishankarji.
2. Learn to re head tabla.
pbercker

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "assingh"
1. Starting Tabla lessons with Gourishankarji.
2. Learn to re head tabla.
Lucky you! You must live in Austin Tx!

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
TablaBeatz

Reply with quote  #5 
Not give up on tabla and keep on playing and progressing
(at my own pace!)

"The beginning of life is rhythm. When you’re in the womb your mother’s heart is beating at (about 90) decibels ... we were born of vibration 13.7 billion years ago with the explosion of the universe."
Acelga

Reply with quote  #6 
-Preparing a decent tabla solo (4 or 5 minutes) that I can play in the middle of some performances of my bands.
-Selecting 10 to 15 Keherwa variations and being able to switch between them randomly without thinking (I find this very useful!).
pbercker

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Acelga"
-Preparing a decent tabla solo (4 or 5 minutes) that I can play in the middle of some performances of my bands.
-Selecting 10 to 15 Keherwa variations and being able to switch between them randomly without thinking (I find this very useful!).
What kind of a band do you have?

Pascal

Acelga

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "pbercker"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Acelga"
What kind of a band do you have?

Pascal
I have a folk-band, we play english, spanish-sefardic, arabic and even some german tunes with creative arrangements. I play lots of tabla there currently but started playing frame drums. A tabla solo would fit there, while the rest of the band takes a rest.
I will send you the link to our page, but don
pbercker

Reply with quote  #9 

I have a folk-band, we play english, spanish-sefardic, arabic and even some german tunes with creative arrangements. I play lots of tabla there currently but started playing frame drums. A tabla solo would fit there, while the rest of the band takes a rest.
I will send you the link to our page, but don

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.