INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #1 
It's a BIG dose today! A horse's pill with such big names.

Ustad Amir Hussain Khan Saheb:

Ustad Zakir Hussain:

Ustad Mia Shaukat Hussain Khan Saheb:

Radio Recording of Ustad Latif Ahmad Khan:
pbercker

Reply with quote  #2 
I'll just ride on this thread rather than start a new one ...

asif khan tabla part 1.0

This is only 3 minutes ... but it's a very interesting version of "ta ke dhe ne ta ke ..." the lucknow rela ...

Asif Khan on tabla ...

What makes it interesting (to me) is that it sounds to me like the version that does *not* have "te te te te ge ge" but instead has an extra "tak ke dhe ne ta ke".

(But someone please confirm - or disconfirm - because I'm not entirely sure).

Whatever version it is, it sounds great!

pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #3 
One more.

Dr. Aneesh Pradhan

Nastika, you should like the opening.I think you will also appreciate the rapid Tak on shai around 4:59

&

Akbar Latif Khan & Babar Latif Khan Duet

Once again Nastika around 8:00 just for you :-)
pbercker

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "hbajpai"
One more.

Dr. Aneesh Pradhan

Nastika, you should like the opening.I think you will also appreciate the rapid Tak on shai around 4:59
Can anyone see precisely what fingering technique he is using from 4:59 to 5:15 - specifically those incredibly superfast "Tak" especially right at 5:07 and 5:11.

(I'm a bit unclear here what you mean by "Tak". Are you abbreviating for 2 bols "Ta Ke", or you intend a single bol "Tak"? )

Quote:

this is an interesting performance but marred by overwhelming boomy bass unfortunately.

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
pbercker

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "hbajpai"

btw, there are the two sons of the the great Ustad Latif Ahmed Khan - if you're familiar with the unique style of U. latif Ahmed Khan, you can clearly hear echoes of that style in their playing. At min 40 Babar Latif Khan (the older brother) does some interesting things on the bayan alone. A bit later Akbar Latif khan joins in on the dayan alone and they each trade rhythms back and forth from the bayan to the dayan and back again.

Pascal

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.