INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
tabladiablo01

Reply with quote  #1 
I heard of people putting glue and nail polish and everything, but is there anyone who heard of lava stone. If so can you please give me the contact to this person. My tabla buzzes really badly and I need a solution fast. I don't want to use nail polish or glue for the fact that the tabla will lose some of its resonance. Help is really appreciated. :|
chandel

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "tabladiablo01"
I heard of people putting glue and nail polish and everything, but is there anyone who heard of lava stone. If so can you please give me the contact to this person. My tabla buzzes really badly and I need a solution fast. I don't want to use nail polish or glue for the fact that the tabla will lose some of its resonance. Help is really appreciated. :|
Hello, If too much buzz just change the skin . Lava stone is only for polishing the shiyai you can use glass paperweight.some time you can fine the lava stone at your locale massage places.Lava stone all so knone as the name of kasotti in Hindi. you can find at indian jwellers .
ram

Reply with quote  #3 
My suggestion based on personal experience.

1) either the head is not properly tuned, or if so, then

2) relax all tha ghatas, warm your fingers up realately warm, soak your finger of heavy dissolved salt solution and allow to dry naturally. The sweat and dried salt will combine and run in circular motion - Finger must be absolutely dry. Then immediatly tighten the ghatsa moderatelty and apply the same round circular motion. This will allow certain expansion and seal the creavases if they are narrow enough. For wider crevasses become a dentist and pluck out the tooth carefully.

3) failing that the change head.
Tablaseek

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Friend,
This topic was discussed before. Please search under 'Cracks in Sihai'.

Cheers
Tablaseek
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.