INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
Susri Anjali Sharma plays the sitar in Varanasi on May 10, 2011

I'm especially fond of the introduction (the first 3 minutes or so) which I assume is a "bhumika", but the rest of the accompaniment is quite good (I don't know who the tabla player is ... anyone know?), although I kind of think the tabla player steals the show!

I felt like I've heard something like it before, and I finally figured out that many months ago I posted this ...

http://forums.chandrakantha.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10962&p=66164&hilit=bhagwat#p66164

The tabla player here is Pundlik Bhagvat-ji. According to Shawn he was playing a bhumika, something that Benares tabla players play before the Uthan.

What's also interesting is that Susri Anjali Sharma is playing rag Jog on sitar above, and Dr. Kamala Shankar is also playing rag Jog on the slide guitar!

... and here's Pandit Pundlik Krishna Bhagwat teaching his 6 year old son tabla ...

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.