INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
pbercker

Reply with quote  #1 
Suryaksha Deshpande Shrirang Pratishthan 1

Quote:
Published on Jul 31, 2013
Suryaksha Deshpande Tabla Solo at Shrirang Pratishthan on 30 July 2013. A Kayda in Teentaal composed by U. Amir Hussain Khan is played .Nagma by Sidhhesh Bicholkar
Hbajpai has posted many compositions from U. Amir Hussain Khan in the past, so I suspect that this one is probably in the "archives" somewhere, but I haven't found it yet, but if anyone else can find it, that would be great!

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #2 
Brilliant! One of my favorite kaidas by khan saheb.

It's been posted here a few times. A few enthusiasts here have also offline - taken it from me with the nikas as used by khan saheb. This kaida with 20 odd variations is also in a book called "Athavnicha Doh". John Millar also teaches this kaida in one of his videos, but with a slightly different nikas than what khan saheb used to play. Almost every tabla intermediate to advanced student learns, plays this kaida. I play this kaida almost every day as part of practice and pretty much start sweating bullets after 4-6 variations. A lot of fun to play on a loose baya with the inflections. This kada without baya work is a no no :-)

Its a tishra jati kaida. The beauty of this kaida is that it combines delhi and poorab style of playing within itself.

Composed by ustad amir hussain khan saheb

Dhatirkittaktirakit / dhatigadigene / dhatigenedhati / dhatikatikene
Tatirkittaktirakit / tatikatikene / dhatigenedhati / dhatigadigene
pbercker

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "hbajpai"
Brilliant! One of my favorite kaidas by khan saheb.
At first I thought it might be this one you posted a while back ...
Quote:
The main theme of kaida by Khan Saheb is as follows:

Dhatirkittaktirakit / Dhatigadigene / Dhatigenedhati / Dhatikatikene
Tatirkittaktirakit / Tatikatikene / Dhatigenedhati / Dhatigadigene

But I don't see any recognizable "GeNe" phrase in what he plays, so I don't think it's this one.

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
hbajpai

Reply with quote  #4 
That is it! Spoken, written words are different than the played ones.

Double Top Secret! :-)

If you contact me, you know I will give it to you :-)

Search this forum. The nikas with explanations is here.
pbercker

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "hbajpai"
That is it! Spoken, written words are different than the played ones.

Double Top Secret! :-)

If you contact me, you know I will give it to you :-)

Search this forum. The nikas with explanations is here.
I think the link with the explanation is here ...

http://forums.chandrakantha.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10742&p=65276&hilit=amir+hussain#p65184

If I understand correctly, you also gave the video reference where U. Amir Hussain Khan himself plays this kaida
Quote:
Audio Reference - Ustad Amir Hussain Khan Saheb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he8AKcS7 ... page#t=44s
While Pt. Deshpande's version is excellent, I can't help but note that U. Amir Hussain Khan's version makes somewhat more interesting use of the bayan.

(if that video link does not work, try this one ...
#t=44s)

Pascal

hbajpai

Reply with quote  #6 
That is the audio system or the conversion to youtube.

I have seen Raya play this many times and while Khan Saheb will never be matched, Raya is simply terrific with it!
pbercker

Reply with quote  #7 
I'm fairly sure this is the same performance posted earlier above, but the video has been removed, and this one is posted instead now ... same performance but from a different ... and much betters ... more instructive angle! (It also sounds better I think)

Quote:
Published on Sep 4, 2013
Suryaksha Deshpande Shrirang Pratishthan at Vile Parle Mumbai on 30 July 2013. A quayda composed by U. Amir Hussain Khan.

pb

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.