INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
mike hooker

Reply with quote  #1 
i had a custom gig bag made for my lefty surbahar, i was tired of never being able to leave the house with it. it was made by http://www.studioslips.com . cost was about 240.00 total. you can see pics of it here:

http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp163/mhooker32

look in the gig bag album
westsea

Reply with quote  #2 
This is a great idea. What exactly did you order... the clamshell gig bag?
Did you have the choice of standard or double padding?
mike hooker

Reply with quote  #3 
i'm not even sure what is was called, the pattern was made from measurements i sent. i did order the double padding. the only thing i didnt like was that i thought the handles were a bit long. it almost touched the ground when i held it. i later found that the long handles were able to go over my shoulder, with my arm under the instrument. that gives you a lot of control and makes it very easy to carry, so the long handles are going to stay. it balances well too . the only thing susan would have to do for a righty is invert the pattern for the foot to fit properly.
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #4 
$240 OUCHHHHHHH
Just saw the pics. Looks like the ones I get in India when I order a surbahar.
I always order one when my surbahar's finished in India at a fraction, tenth, the price.

Anyone want one when I go back???? :wink: 8)
BTW
Lovely BIGGGG toombi too on your leftie!!!
8)
Nick
mike hooker

Reply with quote  #5 
this aint india. maybe i should look for someone here willing to live in abject poverty, so i can get a better deal.
cabernethy

Reply with quote  #6 
maybe you should try it yourself.....it's no joke believe me !
mike hooker

Reply with quote  #7 
i hope people realize my post about india was sarcasm, that i dont believe in taking advantage of a person's poor economic condition to save a few bucks. quite frankly, i think 240.00 for a custom gig bag in the US was quite fair. just because you can get it for 1/10 the cost in india doesnt make you some kind of shopping genius. maybe you ought to try china,you can probably get it for 1/20 of the US cost.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.