INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
cream_cheese

Reply with quote  #1 
Anybody has a Suddha Kalyan rendition by Vilayat Khan ? This article of Deepak Raja mentions that he played it at the Concert at National Centre for Performing Arts, Bombay on February 8, 1998. Any chance anyone has a recording ?

link to Deepak Raja's article -

http://swaratala.blogspot.com/2007/04/raga-shuddha-kalyan-how-and-why-it-is.html
devdutt3vedi

Reply with quote  #2 
Went to NCPA last week. They just wont allow you to copy the Shudha Kalyan. You can listen to it though
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #3 
If you can listen to it you can record it by connecting the earphone socket to an MP3 recorder or minidisc, for example.

Nick
devdutt3vedi

Reply with quote  #4 
Nope they dont allow that.Will try that though. They also have tons of interviews by UVK emphasizing on importance of gayaki ang. Some of the ragas included are:
1) Sanjh Saravali
2) Bhankar
3) Bilaskhani Todi
and many more.
Usually AJJ of about 29:00
I have first requested for some Ravi Shankars (live at NCPA) and they shall inform me when i can go there and listen. Perhaps will try to record that first.
Then the UVKS.
sahkul

Reply with quote  #5 
Does someone have Malkauns by UVK? Searching from a long time...
VkDevotee

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "sahkul"
Does someone have Malkauns by UVK? Searching from a long time...
Hello,
You might already have got this Malkauns of the legend UVK..

If you haven't it's here..

Malkauns Alap

Jor and Jhala

Enjoy!
sitariya

Reply with quote  #7 
Does NCPA allow access to anyone to listen now ? I know that you needed some special permission to have access to listen to those recordings about 15 years ago.
dhruvsodha

Reply with quote  #8 
WOW What a beautiful Malkauns. Ah, what a legend. There's just absolutely nobody that can be compared to him. ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!! Thanks for this upload!!!
fbidris

Reply with quote  #9 
Sorry I posted my comment on the wrong thread! It should have been on this one, not on UVK's Darbari Kanada.

I am in full agreement with Dhruvsodha. This Malkauns is beyond comparison! Many thanks to VkDevotee for sharing this!

fbidris
dhruvsodha

Reply with quote  #10 
VkDevotee,

Any idea who that brilliant tabla player is? Samta Prasadji?
VkDevotee

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "dhruvsodha"
VkDevotee,

Any idea who that brilliant tabla player is? Samta Prasadji?
Hi Dhruv,

It's a fascinating Malkauns by the Aftab-E-Sitar..I am in trance every time I listen to it.. I think the tabla was played by Sabir Khan.
anju831

Reply with quote  #12 
Any progress with recording the Shudh Kalyan, would love to hear it. Like some one said all you need is a small mp3 player and a wire to plug into the audio jack and hit record...pretty easy to do and very inconspicuous :wink: lol
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.