INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
AbdulLatif

Reply with quote  #1 
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I refuse to negotiate with persons not in total agreement with my fixed idea of reality. Kinda like our foreign policy

Actually Adunc, I am in agreement, discourse and diplomacy ideally walk hand in hand. As much as I love ICM and considering the 35 years I've devoted to it it is still not the thing that defines who I am, losing ones temper over ICM only detracts from the beauty of the art. IMHO. Ya wanna see some really aggresive and just plain mean folks post on some of the sword forums!!!!whew :roll:

Reply with quote  #2 
That would be nice. Problem is - we're all flawed and have "issues" - everyone one of us. Forum-wallahs are "passionate" about the music, and it seems, it's just in the nature of some, to let passion mutate into anger. I don't mean to justify any of it; but bear in mind, that there are many serious, world-class players out there who continue to be at odds with certain of their peers, often over the stupidest imagined insults. Our essentially, "faceless" exchanges makes it too easy for for people to boil over, unlike when people are face-to-face. People become "disconnected" from the direct results of their actions. Vietnam pilots who set thousands of people on fire from the remote safety of a cockpit, will tell you they couldn't even put a match to another human being's toe - if he had to look at him face-to-face. That said, see you guys in 7 days. I'm going on a meditation retreat where I won't have to talk to anyone, well adjusted or otherwise for 6 days. Ahh the bliss
Happy Thanksgiving You All,
K
povster

Reply with quote  #3 
That said, see you guys in 7 days. I'm going on a meditation retreat where I won't have to talk to anyone, well adjusted or otherwise for 6 days. Ahh the bliss

Bliss out, man!

Anonymous

Reply with quote  #4 
When angry count four; when very angry, swear.
- Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar - Mark Twain

Everyone gets angry, hopefully at something tangible. It's a natural human emotion. Common anger doesn't normally lead to bombing villages, burning someone's toe with a match, or threatening others with a sword. People who are afraid of anger also have "issues".

Bobu
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.