INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi to all from a freezing UK.
Just thought I upload some tracks of his from my collection, as a seperate post.
I found them while going through some computer hard-drives. Tracks Al etc are from one of his solo albums. The Nosferatu ones are from his German group Popol Vuh's music for Werner Herzog's mysterious & spooky 'Nosferatu'.
As Popol Vuh they did many soundtracks for German director Werner Herzog, usually with slightly mad actor the late Klaus Kinski involved, as well as their own stuff.

The Nosferatu ones, the movie being based on the Max Schrek silent but very effective version from the 1920s, are not all included in the film but they help showcase what a lovely sitar player he is.
I believe he learnt from Ustad Vilayat Khan. He's one player I should have mentioned on that non-Indian sitar players post before!!! ops:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5dyyuofv24zfvcb

Nick
anju831

Reply with quote  #2 
Hrmmm interesting....I have heard/read his name in regards to Vilayat Khan...always thought it was interesting because I never really heard of him or anything about him in the concert realm. But thanks and I will definitely give it a listen.

Also...Nick did you ever get around to finding that Seema Mukherjee short performance video you once had on youtube? Thanks and sorry to bug : P
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi again
Is the Seema one the video with my tabla guru, Pt Manik Rao Popatkar? I know where that it, yes. If it's not too big a file I'll try to upload it to mediafire tomorrow.

Nick
anju831

Reply with quote  #4 
Great! Thanks for the help Nick! As always, its much appreciated!
anju831

Reply with quote  #5 
Great! Thanks for the help Nick! As always, its much appreciated!
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #6 
Anju
Forgot about this. Thanks for the reminder!

Nick
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.