INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
S.Cutshall

Reply with quote  #1 
Can anyone here, through a PM or otherwise, provide me with Somnath's contact information?

I have tried emailing him twice through his website about placing a potential order and am not getting a reply... does anyone here have a current email address for him?

Thanks in advance...

Blessings-Always.

-Scott

Reply with quote  #2 
Somnath kakade is generally very prompt in his response. I last contacted him 3 months ago at somnath.kakade@yahoo.com, as well as by phone 91-9822-961726. He replies very courteously and promptly. Very nice man. Throw in some big names as yours or your friend's/children's Guru!! He will put together a great set for you! I didn't buy any tabla sets from him since I had too much luggage on me,and his shipping charges were quite prohibitive. I understand he makes very good sets but just so you know his charges are also a bit on the higher end.
Vivek

Reply with quote  #3 
Somnath should be easy to contact by email, phone (as RCH has listed) or facebook. He has been a bit overloaded with work lately, since he had a huge backlog after a motorcycle accident stopped him from working for several months. However, his quality has not suffered in the least. Don't worry about throwing names around - he makes and has made tablas for the best tabla players in India, so unless your Guru is a REALLY big deal, he won't care. However, he is very proud of his work and his reputation, and refuses to put his name on a tabla that doesn't meet his standards - even if he's selling it to a student/unknown person overseas.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.