INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Sanjeeb

Reply with quote  #1 
I like to share something quite different and which you generally don't get to hear with a sitar. At least not me. Slow heavy, contemplative, flowing, blues, almost with an effect of the serious Dhrupad olden classical style of singing if I may be allowed to compare. Just my original expression !
The composition and audio recording was made with the help of two other excellent world class musician friends of mine about 17 years ago and I am sharing it more openly now. Don't miss some of their excelent solos and playing which come later in the recording. I call it 'Contemplation Blues'.

Sitar - Sanjeeb Sircar, Keyboards- Alex Fernandez, Guitar - Late Ian Caszio.
Production - Sanjeeb Sircar
Best Regards.
Sanjeeb Sircar.
http://www.sanjeebsircar.com
mahadev

Reply with quote  #2 

Hey, this is a very cool track. Sanjeeb is not only a very accomplished sitarist, he is an undeniable fusion talent.
His long years of guitar study show clearly in this recording. One would only wish he had a proper studio at his disposal.
But, never mind the technical limitations , this is a COOL track. Credit where credit is due !

Reply with quote  #3 
Yes!! I agree too.
Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.
Blessings.
Sanjeeb

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks so much Mahadav. It was good to have you around in September, with our long association (nearly 40 years), and fellowship with your experiences and expertise. I learned many a good things.
Yes I do need better recording and production facilities and am hoping for that to come about in the nearer future.
Here is the video we recorded with you on the camera, at my residence, of my sitar.

Sitar, Raag Rageswari, Alap, Jor and Jhala.

It was sitting for some time with me. Could have been better but thought I might as well make something of it and put it up and share. Have put an background tanpura track. Keep in touch.
Thanks a lot Bakersbites786.
Warm Regards.
Sanjeeb.
RepublicOfzen

Reply with quote  #5 
Mixing sitar with rock, blues and jazz is somehting I am used to hearing. This kind of blues is not exactly my kind of blues. But maybe on the production side the sitar could sound better. It could be louder and dirtier. Maybe even have the bass up a notch.

My bias is that I like more dirty blues.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.