INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #1 
OK You slavering Sitar Loonies....
Here's a link to pics of three recent additions to one of my dealer's shop here in Varanasi.
See if anybody recognises a style.
It look like I'll be having the half Munda with no tabli edge decoration. All in really good condition with hardly any bits missing. Just check out the RESA or grain on these.Apologies for the slightly blurred nearer shots. I might try again later.

http://picasaweb.google.com/trippymonkey/SomeVaranasiDelights2011?feat=directlink

Nick
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #2 
Check out some more pics of a possible Hiren Roy at pic 16 - 18. Also included is a lovely bowed, Peacock bodied TAUS that may well find its way to the UK soon.
The final 3 are,
Vocalist Sushree Manali Bose, Sitar shishya of U Vilayat Khan, Amjad Hussain, both from Kolkatta & local tabla master Iswarlal Mishra.
Next is Amjad trying out Kashika Music Ashram's very nice surbahar.
Last is a well curried up me on the right with both Kolkatta artists.
They were both invited over to Varanasi to perform in the Kali Temple as the first in an annual regular set of concerts there. I was commissioned to contact them via e-mail & to also make the video recordings. I've been given permission to put a little on youtube so I'll do that soon.

Nick
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.