INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #1 
Here we go then.....
Pt Arvind Parikh... Raga Chandrakauns.

Pt Buddhaditya Mukerjee, several live performances. Bahar Tappa (tv) Jhinjhoti, Bhairavi, Nayaki Kanada...

Ustad Shahid Parvez

Ustad Shujaat Khan, little clips from a mobile I think...

From Pakistan Javed Alla Ditta on sitar...

Sri Debu Prasad on sitar

Sri Dhruva Ghosh on sarangi...

Special thanks got to fellow forumite Sri Toth Szabi for providing these little gems from his collection while we were in Varanasi!!!!!

And a little of my footage from Varanasi. HUT or HAT means GO or GET LOST. It's usually only used for cows & dogs but delighted little kids when I'd say it to them?!?!!? And to a few local loonies too?!!?!?

Plenty there for you all to enjoy. Still got some more left but they'll do for another day.

Nick
anju831

Reply with quote  #2 
OM EFFIN GOD....

NO WORDS

TRIPPY I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just made my all nighter for my upcoming test this morning well worth it...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ESTATIC
sitariya

Reply with quote  #3 
Wow. ! awesome. Thanks a ton for this collection
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #4 
Something more for the weekend Sirs & Madams here.

Ustad Shujaat Khan in concert in Budapest, Hungary. Once again big thanks to Toth Szabi. I think he was actually involved IN the videoing too.He's already uploaded part of this concert too

Nick
sitariya

Reply with quote  #5 
This is really priceless collection Nick. Thanks for sharing this.

The most interesting is Tappa by Buddhaditya on sitar. This is first time I heard tappa on sitar. Recently I heard a concert of a talented young sitar player Samanwaya Sarkar who is student of Smt. Girija Devi and he told me that he plays tappa on sitar and did mention that Buddhaditya has also learned tappa from Girija Devi and he used to play it regularly in the past.
anju831

Reply with quote  #6 
Indeed thank you Nick and Toth for such a great collection. Im really enjoying the Nayaki Kanada and of course his excellent Bahar.

Sitariya,

I have a Mishra Kafi in Tappa from Budhaditya that's excellent! I will upload it soon for you. Tappas are rarely heard on sitar and it is such a unique, beautiful and exhilarating style.
anju831

Reply with quote  #7 
Here it is:

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgwoz2wnltm/Pandit Budhaditya Mukherjee Tappa In Raga Kafi.wma
sitariya

Reply with quote  #8 
thanks Anju
soulsitar

Reply with quote  #9 
Just curious but what Raag is he playing in these videos and does anybody know where I can get a recording of Shujaat doing it??

anju831

Reply with quote  #10 
Hey,

Um im pretty sure is Raag Rageshri, but I havent listen to it for a bit so I could be wrong. Also, I dont think he has a Rageshri out, but I know he has a Bageshri recorded on CD; its fairly recent too.
sitariya

Reply with quote  #11 
Yes. It is rageshree.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.