INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #1 
What a wild and wonderful trip this year's junket has been. Met a fine group of great people, most gracious and hospitable. Many fine Hiren Roy, Hemen, Naskar, Rikhi Ram, Murchana and other superb instruments ( even a half dozen Saraswati Veenas ) got loved on through my paws and tools. Made some excellent contacts that will translate into a follow up junket to the New York, Conn. and Boston area before the first snowfall. Said it many times - " I love my job " ! ! My thanks and warmest appreciation to all you folks whose instruments I had the privilege of loving on and bringing back to optimum playing condition.

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm sorry I missed you this year in Chicago-land. I'm glad you had a great adventure!

Reply with quote  #3 
Let me know when you are coming to the NY area!
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi, Neela. It looks like I'll be making a New York run before the first snowfall. Mid to late October into November I expect to be on the road on another jawari junket. Planned stops include Baltimore, DC and NYC. Message me to get more details. Cheers!

Reply with quote  #5 
WELL DONE OL' SOCK

EVERYONE here in the Chicagoland Region report being thrilled to pieces with the loving strokes you performed on the mountain o' babies that went thru your paws this trip.
Not the least of which are the 4 old souls and one Rose with Singing Birds that are in my care.

Friends - Lemme say it once more -
Tony is a treat of a houseguest VERY low maintenance - As well as a gifted artist who will make your beloved instruments sing like never before. Those who can accomodate hosting him will not only get their babies loved on but will be able to see all the wonderful instruments that will come to your diggs as the host - (I had over FOURTY on one junkett - my wife IS a saint) - AND you will be regailed with a million wonderful stories - assides - road tales - helpful hints - and just an immense ammount of good fellowship while you stare in wonder at his herculean output while ensconced at your humble abode.

Believe me Tony has graced my place every year for FIVE years and The Saint & I can't wait til he returns.

Tony Karasek IS the Sitarfixer extrordinaire and a dear gentleman who I am proud to call my friend.

Good luck in NYC our Nations Capital and all points in between - If you folks on the Eastern Seaboard need your babies looked after - RUN - DO NOT HESITATE - To take part in the Sitarfixer Jawari Junket - East Coast edition.

Your Friendly
Hamletsghost 8)

Reply with quote  #6 
Tony! It was such a pleasure hosting you for a few days and watching you do your magic on the instruments that came through. I learned so much about the technical side of things, and my darling Hemen is sounding so sweet. Many thanks to you and I look forward to the next time you're in town!

Best,
Tomek
nicneufeld

Reply with quote  #7 
Maybe if you head West again next year, my jawari will be completely shot to craps (7 months in and its starting to threaten unrest) and I can justify you making a stop in our little cowtown, or nearish! Sounds like a fun time regardless.

Roll up, roll up for the Javari Tour!
That's an invitation.....to make a reservation...
The Magical Javari Tour is waiting to sand out bridge grooves....waiting to sand out bridge grooves!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.