INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
arnav

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,

Can someone suggest me a nice sitar teacher in Delhi please? Preferably someone related to Maihar gharana.

Many Thanks!
desh

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi, I will respond a response from Hamletsghost to a similar request last year. Best of Luck!

Ravi Shankar Centre, Chankayapuri, New Delhi, India.
Classes at RIMPA (Ravi Shankar Institute for Music and Performing Arts) have resumed.  Only talented and serious students of music are accepted. Gaurav Mazumdar and Parimal Sadaphal are some of the students taking the classes.
Master classes for advanced students will be conducted by our visiting disciples of Guruji.
Until now, Anoushka Shankar, Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Bickram Ghosh have confirmed their participation.

For further information please contact the Centre: 011- 26877242/3 and 09560760069
Sukanya Shankar will be personally conducting workshops on presentation and career prospects, and as always, will oversee all the activities at RIMPA making sure the work continued there is in sync with Guruji's music and vision.

My Dear friend Gaurav is home in Delhi right now and touring India etc for the winter season.
If you can't get through at RIMPA contact him through his Facebook page
He travels the world year round playing concerts - teaching etc & would be an exceptional guide on your journey -
PLUS
the nicest chap you ever want to meet on top of exceptional talent

Good Luck
Hamletsghost [cool]
arnav

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks. I tried reaching out to him on Facebook a couple of times as you suggested but haven't heard back unfortunately.
RIMPA isn't taking any new students at the moment.

Are there any other nice teachers in/around Delhi?
Hamletsghost

Reply with quote  #4 
Unfortunately in the new reality of Covid I don’t think anyone is moving forward at this time.
Example - I placed an order of holy items from a trusted vendor in Mumbai of 12 years dealings 2 months ago (they usually ship within days)
They sent a very nice email saying they have suspended all shipping of order until after the lockdown in India is officially lifted.
Gaurav is home in India with his family during this difficult time.... I will email him tonight so you two can start a conversation- but be aware & im not speaking for him - if it was me I wouldn’t meet anyone face to face til this all changes.
Casual meetings can be a death sentence for loved ones.. I truly believe if he can work it out & maybe Skype lessons might be your best bet for now (many here in Chicagoland take these when Gaurav is traveling)
I have no contact directly with rimpa but again I will forward this on to Gaurav so he can give you 1st hand knowledge.

Hamletsghost

Ps: make sure you’re trying the right Facebook page for Gaurav direct - there’s a couple of older unused ones...

Reply with quote  #5 
UPDATE🥳

Just heard back form Gaurav

He asks that you contact him directly at his personal email:

Gmazumdar@gmail.com

Or call:
I’m sending pm his personal number

I know he will be happy to help you however he can.

Good luck
Hamletsghost 😎
(Brian)

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks a lot!
And no, i wasn't going to meet anyone face to face. Not untill the lockdown is officially lifted or the threat of covid19 is over. Was just intending to find a future teacher and begin lessons later on

Regards,
A
Hamletsghost

Reply with quote  #7 
Like I said just my personal opinion
Part of our new reality
I just pm’d Gaurav’s phone in Delhi
I know from many years friendship as well as lessons & support from this dear man he will do everything to make your journey in music a memorable one.

I wish you good luck & encouragement
Riyaz riyaz & more riyaz THAT is the answer to the question........😅😂🤣

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.