INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
interesting_steve@yahoo.com

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone. Having been a musician of 50 years I have recently bought my first sitar. I love it . The Indian classical music is wonderful too so I am really enjoying this journey. When I got the sitar I could see how vulnerable it was to being knocked over and damaged. So I got some left over pieces of wood and a guitar stand I wasn't using and built a sitar stand. It works fantastic and the sitar is safe and sound. I have just put a video on You Tube for anyone to see how I made it. Just put Sitar stand in the search and you should see it. I hope this helps somebody.
Thanks
Steve
barend

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Steve. Cool thinking! Looks like you are a real handyman unlike myself. Looks like a good stand and the sitting thing is also nice.

What also works for a sitar stand is these multiple guitar stands. You put the sitar in sideways and it stands save. You can easily fold it for taking to gigs. Like this one: https://m.thomann.de/nl/fender_multi_guitar_stand_3.htm
For at home it works the best for me to to place it in a corner with main pegs facings the wall.

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi, thanks. I do have a multiple guitar stand which I never thought about. I did stand the sitar against the wall as you suggested which works ok. I had seen a question on a forum a few weeks back about a stand for a sitar so I thought I would have a go with some left over bits of wood. Pleased with the result. Thanks for your comment, appreciated.
sason

Reply with quote  #4 
I did not find the video. Please post the link

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi, here is the link to the video. I did a second video to show the stand finished. I will post that link too.
Thanks

Reply with quote  #6 
The finished stand
barend

Reply with quote  #7 
Looks great. Good job!!!

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks ! It was interesting and a challenge but worked out great.
Vanny

Reply with quote  #9 
Sure good instruments are necessary . like to this song http://pskp.xyz/VVWaKd
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.