INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
CheesecakeTomek

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi folks,

I've decided that I want to get at least the tabli and tumba of my Hiren re-finished, as the current job is cracked, splotched, and overall sloppy. The rest looks pretty nice, though if the price is good, I would consider giving it in for a full job. I checked with my local violin shop and, as good as their tech is, he has seen maybe three sitars in his life and said he wouldn't know where to start. I am close enough to NYC, so I figured I may have better luck there. Anyone have experience with any luthiers/workshops who may be friendly to the cause?

Thanks,
Tomek
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #2 
" CH - - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezecake " ! I can highly recommend Ken O'Neil in Gastonia, NC. He's refinished two of my orphan sitars and made them look oh so good. He knows his stuff and has been doing serious wood refinishing/ restoration. You won't be disappointed if you should ship your baby to him. Hope all is well in "Lon Gyland".

Reply with quote  #3 
Hellooooooo Tony,

All is well out here, hope the same goes for you! The thing that I am most daunted by when thinking of shipping this baby is that she was almost smashed to bits on her voyage from Varanasi. I think I would be a total nervous wreck throughout the whole ordeal. Would that I could just drive down... I am in contact with some guitar players that frequent my area, so hopefully that will yield something. Here's hoping!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.