INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
SitarMac

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello all-
We who are helping James Pomerantz will be FINALLY be raffling this choice Hemen Sitar (Played by Nikhil for 2 summer sessions back ing the 70's) tomorrow. This donation drive was open to all and MANY of you donated what you could. The proceeds from this drive, as well as a couple of others has helped James immeasurably, and for that you all are thanked! Of all the donations, we had a number of those who donated enough to meet the requirement to be in the raffle.

David Courtney will be doing the drawing today at some point. I have chosen David as an appropriate choice since he has supported and propagated ICM for many years now, and has shown himself to be wise and fair.

I do have one request to those who have donated enough. One of the contributors was James' 2nd cousin Richard Pomerantz who wanted to be entered into the drawing. I advised that I would permit this so long as no one disputed this (Having a family member in a drawing is not the norm for these kind of things, but he accepted that he'd be withdrawn if there was dispute.) I'm not listing the names of donors, but those of you who know who you are can PM if you are against Richard being in the draw.

thank you all again! -Josh

Reply with quote  #2 
Sorry if this appears cynical but...
Did MR R Pomerantz only 'give' so he could be with a chance of winning said treasure?
It looks like it. Of course he may have to withdraw but he'd look even worse if he didn't.

Wonder what HE was doing whilst James was 'sliding'???

Nick
SitarMac

Reply with quote  #3 
Point is moot now. There has been a rebuttal. Richard is withdrawn.

Reply with quote  #4 
Yes Trippy, that is VERY cynical.
Maybe should have kept that one to yourself.
Just saying
trippy monkey

Reply with quote  #5 
Yes
I thought about it later. But the whole thing has been a very strange affair.
We had the inital post asking for support, which so many of us answered. A great case obviously!!!
Then a huge gap where nothing was said for months. Pretty sure we were all worried about James. I even wondered if he'd passed on as we'd no idea as to what the problems were.
Josh was obviously very involved & busy.

Nick
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.