INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
peppardj3@gmail.com

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

I'm gonna be purchasing a sitar and I'm still very knew to this. But I was wondering where I place the pickups on the sitar and how do I do it I'll be using Shadow SH900 NFX Sitar Pickup. If anyone would have any pictures of their sitar pickup configurations that would be so helpful or any comments at all.
cwroyds

Reply with quote  #2 
If you are going to use the Shadow SH900 NFX Sitar Pickup, from the pictures of the product it would seem that this pickup has two contacts that go under the bridge feet. This would suggest you don't really have a choice for where it goes. 
I don't know if I would want something in between the feet of my bridge and the tabli, but who knows until you try it. 
Might be a good pickup. 

There are a lot of different kinds of pickups, and each has its own positioning requirement.
Most seem to go behind the bridge toward the treble side. 

Best thing is to find the best pickup and then test it on your sitar in different places before you commit to a 
position.

Here is a picture of the pickup you mentioned, with sensors under the bridge feet.

Shadow-world-sitar-SH-900-NFX-main.jpg 

peppardj3@gmail.com

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much for reply! Is there any pickup on Thomann that you would recommend ??
blutos

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi, I'm using a K&K Big Twin piezo pickup, you can get it from Thomann (here in Europe for about 70 Euros); the manufacturer recommends to attach the two units near the main bridge and the taraf bridge, but I think it's a matter of personal choice. It produces a decent sount, not so harsh and, very important for me, no acoustic feedback at all (connected with a L.R. Baggs Session Acoustic). In the picture you can see my placement choice.

Regards
bluto
K&K_pickup.jpg

peppardj3@gmail.com

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you so much! Much appreciated!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.