INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
TCPerez

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone, I still haven't bought my sitar yet (gathering money/selling some guitar and xbox equipment on craigslist) I'll be moving to the Orlando area next month, and I was wondering if anyone knows any teachers or has any ICM contacts in the area? I've been learning what I can via internet without my instrument, and I've been playing a crappy Yaman on my violin :wink: I can't wait to get started taking lessons :mrgreen:
neela sangeeta

Reply with quote  #2 
I do not know where this is in relation to you but....

Sent by: Association of Performing Arts of India

Pandit Krishna Mohan Bhatt will be available to conduct group lessons in Indian Classical Music (instrumental) on Friday July 29 ,30, 31 between 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Beginner and Advance students are welcome. You can bring your instrument –Sitar, Sarod,Guitar,Saxophone, Dilruba, Sarangi,violin, santoor etc. Please listen him on Youtube

When: Friday , July 29 thru 31st-2011

Where: 10831 NW 17TH CT, Pembroke Pines,FL-33026

Cost: $100 for all three days .Private lesson: 1 Hour: $40

Time: 11:00 am to 3:00 PM

Lunch will be provided

For more information: Please contact Bharti Chokshi at apaiart@comcast.net or 954-885-1466 or Reply to sender http://apai.pmailus.com/pmailweb/f?cide=Ae15JCLitahL1FoIGw

Pandit Krishna Mohan on Sitar and Jeff Deen on Tabla will be in the concert on Sunday July 31st at 6:00 PM

When:Sunday July 31 -2011

Where: 10831 NW 17th Ct, Pembroke Pines, FL-33026

Time: 6:00 PM

Ticket: $20
Limited Seating so please RSVP apaiart@comcast.net or 954-885-1466

Pandit Krishna Mohan Bhatt: He comes from a family of musicians in Jaipur. His father, the late Shashi Mohan Bhatt, a sitarist of great repute and a professor at the University of Rajasthan.
In his teens, Krishna’s musical grooming was further enhanced by many years of study under the tutelage of his Guru Pt. Ravi Shankar, and musicians Pt. Nikhil Banerjee and Ustad Ali Akbar Khan, who had a strong impact on Krishna's musical growth.While developing his own individual style, Krishna’s music was greatly influenced by twentieth century stalwarts such as the vocalists Amir Khan, Bade Gulam Ali Khan, Abdul Karim Khan, Begum Akhtar, Shobha Gurtu as well as folk singers of Rajasthan. Krishna’s repertoire in performance includes a wide variety of rare and old traditional compositions from these masters of music.
Krishna Bhatt has received numerous awards and honors including the Sangeet Kalaratna (Jewel of Music) in 2009.
In addition to performing Hindustani classical music, Bhatt has also performed and recorded with the American composer Terry Riley (working on the score for the Alain Tanner film No Man's Land), Zakir Hussain, the Kronos Quartet, Jody Stecher, jazz saxophonist George Brooks, and Rajasthani folk musicians. He divides his time between Jaipur, Rajasthan and New York City, where he continues to perform and teach.

Hope to see you,

Sincerely,

Bharti Chokshi
TCPerez

Reply with quote  #3 
Thats wonder full! Thank you very much, this is a good 2-3 hours away from me, but I think that I will try to come. I had no idea there was such a large resource here in Florida
Again, thank you
kamalehi

Reply with quote  #4 
I will be attending the 3 day class from Krishnaji as well. there arent many sitarists in Florida, so its good to know all of them!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.