INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
Seizure

Reply with quote  #1 
Easy guys,

Haven't posted in here in a long time, but I'm back! Many many many hours in the studio and have finally wrapped up a four track EP. Here is one of the tracks. I hope you enjoy it..

Your opinions and feedback are appreciated
Sitarfixer

Reply with quote  #2 
Great track here. I like it a lot. Even the cat on my lap sat up and listened. Well done !!!

Reply with quote  #3 
unless I'm missing something, I didn't hear much sitar. is there more sitar later on? the clip was less than 2 minutes...I think.
pbercker

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "matthew"
unless I'm missing something, I didn't hear much sitar. is there more sitar later on? the clip was less than 2 minutes...I think.
I also barely heard the sitar. It's not a bad clip, but the emphasis is very much more on the electronic and much much less on the sitar which I thought was barely audible.

Pascal

My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.
Seizure

Reply with quote  #5 
It's all in the subtleties! There is some tabla & Sitar, although the Sitar has then been digitally detuned and parametrically eq'd so all the higher frequencies and cut down.

Appreciate the feedback and have had a very interesting message regarding someone on here that wants to work with me with them playing the Sitar, so I assure, the next one will have the forefront with slap bang Sitar all over the place
TravTrav

Reply with quote  #6 
Hey I also do ethnic electronica, my live show has alot of sitar but due to recordings not turning out perfect the album didn't have a heap of sitar, but you can still definately hear it on some tracks.

jekks.bandcamp.com and it's a free download.

I'm currently working on an odd timed dubstep EP which will heavily feature sitar work...

work in progress tracks are at soundcloud.com/jekks

next month I am supporting Jeff Martin on his solo tour in Australia which should be good!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.