INDIAN MUSIC FORUMS

Author   Comment  
khasi

Reply with quote  #1 
Estimados amigos
muchas gracias por vuestro tiempo,el motivo de este mensaje es que ayer echando un vistazo por el foro vi una entrada haciendo referencia a
Hamletsghost

Reply with quote  #2 
Can someone please run a translation program on this - If my VERY basic pickup on this new string it's either about sitar devotion (being a devotee ) or sitar used in devotional music - Either way I would like to read what this infrequent poster has on his mind. :?:

Hamletsghost 8)

example run on "Devocion" Babel fish'd from a spanish site:
"Devotion is the disposition of the will to fulfill speed the own thing of a relation. For example, a devotee man to its wife. The devotion expresses the love alliance: affection, care, attention. "

Could make for a great discussion. B

Reply with quote  #3 
OK - Here is a Babel Fish quick translation of the text - I get the ghist but does anyone have a better way to translate - I like this mans thoughts and would like to read it in the proper context and respond.
Brian

Esteemed Friends
Considered friendly thank you very much by your time, the reason for this message is that throwing a look by the forum I yesterday saw an entrance doing reference a because to touch sitar? I was reading some of your answers and it did that to think to me. Personally I believe that I throw to touch sitar it is a devotion act and it is on this act of loque treat the following lines. I listen to sitar for the first time makes either enough years nor that say that its sound I marvel myself and empeze a search of which in Spain she could here teach to me or at least to orient to me, and I had much luck then encontre to the suitable teacher. Since then I realized that sitar is not like cualquir another instrument and I am not speaking of the sound, neither of the virtuosity which the great maestos exiben, nor of the exotismo surrounds that it. I am speaking of the possibilities that it has as vehicle of an inner growth, as it forms to polish, to improve and to enriquezer our life at levels if me spiritual permitis, is devotion not olvideis that the instrument does not belong to us is a loan that to us the Saraswati Mother does so that we pruned to evolve through music to states superiors, so that dulcifiquemos our feelings, to desarollar but our patience, so that we realize that there is to be constants. From a personal point of view I feel but atraido towards alap in all this time I have only memorised a few you toll that already not even I touch, all my effort (that always is little I put) it in alap in the improvisation, in a spiral music, felt and mainly full of devotion, because for my of that one is pure devotion, devotion to the instrument, devotion by music, devotion by the Divine Mother. I am certainly the majority of you sabeis than I am speaking and others perhaps that are the words about which this a little crazy .pero at heart if analizais well that sentis when in a streching llegais to the wished note? when after touching a good short while you realize that the happy time has flown and you sentis? that only can be the llenandonos smile of the Mother of happiness to wake up that feeling of devotion. Therefore for my that DEVOTION is to sitar

WOW
Some pretty heartfelt and deep thoughts here folks - And worthy of a good translation with thoughtful and respectful reponses - Time for a little introspective search as to WHY we love this instrument and music, and how we approach it. From the way I interpret his treatis above our friend does NOT approach this as a matter of style - school - favorites - likes - dislikes - Who's the best payer - do you like fusion or ICM best - NONE of that. This is a soul searching enquirey as to the most basic feelings we have for the instrument in a most personal way.
AGAIN WOW Pretty deep stuff.
b 8)

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.